The Community Development Department can provide a wide variety of resources to families and individuals in need. These opportunities provide a range from emergency programs like utility assistance, to long-term case management that can help a family increase their economic situation which offers long-term individualized benefits.
Here are some of the services available and the Federal Poverty Guidelines:
- Cares Act Funding (as of 12/1/2020), must meet or below 125% of Income Guidelines (link above)
- Rental Assistance
- Water Bill Assistance
- Extermination Assistance
- Prescription co-pay help
- Vehicle Repair help (employed only, FT/PT), up to $750
- Employment On-The-Job Training opportunities
- Education Tuition Assistance
- Thru Utility Assistance and Weatherization programs expanded minor HVAC repair or replacement assistance
- Summer Scholarship availability through Joplin Boys and Girls Club (apply at there)
- Area on Aging Meals assistance (apply through your local nutrition sites)
- Additional Opportunities Available
- Outreach, Intake, Assessment and Referral
- Case Management
- Utility Assistance - meet 60% of MO Median Income Guidelines.
- Housing Assistance - meet 50% of HUD's Average Median Gross Income
- Homeless Program - meet 50% of HUD's Average Median Gross Income
- Just contact us and we can help figure out if you are eligible.