The Dollar-Help Utility Assistance is designed to help low-income households maintain their primary source of home heat to help them stay warm in the winter.
- Primary source of home heat is the existing system as designed and permanently installed to provide the central source of heating to the home.
- The household must apply and be qualified for Missouri's Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- The household must be in a crisis with their primary source of home heat.
- A crisis exists when the service is terminated or in threat of being terminated.
How to Apply?
If you have already received LIHEAP (Energy Assistance) at your current address, you can:
- Mail your utility bill to Economic Security Corporation (ESC), Attn: Energy Assistance, P.O. Box 207, Joplin, MO 64802
- Fax your utility bill with a cover page: To: ESC's Energy Assistance, fax number: (417) 781-2011
- Call one of the ESC's Joplin Energy Assistance Staff:
- Kelli (417) 627-2074
- Mia (417) 627-2084
If you have not applied for or been qualified for LIHEAP at your current address, you will need to visit one of ESC's Outreach offices, locations listed below:
- 405 Walnut Street, Lamar, MO
- 116 North Jefferson Street, Neosho, MO
- 712 South Hwy 59, Anderson, MO
- 302 South Joplin Ave, Joplin, MO