The Red Tag Equipment Repair Program helps income-qualified residential customers secure service work on natural gas appliances and piping, in order to maintain or restore gas heating to their home.
The Red Tag program provides:
- Payment assistance toward the total cost of qualifying repairs, up to $450 per customer per year, as long as funds are available.
- Qualified repairs include those conducted on the furnace or boiler to provide heating to the home. This may include work performed on gas piping or other gas appliances (such as water heaters or stoves), but only where the repair is necessary to allow safe delivery of gas service from the meter to the furnace or boiler.
Who Is Eligible?
Laclede Gas Company (Formerly Missouri Gas Energy) residential customers who meet all of the following qualifications:
- Own their residence and gas appliances.
- Need equipment repairs or piping in order to obtain or restore natural gas heating service.
- Have a household income equal to or less than 185% of the federal poverty level. For example, the 2016 poverty level for a family of 4 is $24,300. Families with a household income of $44,955 or less would be eligible in this case.
How To Apply?
Visit one of Economic Security Corporation's Outreach office locations:
- 816A West 12th Street, Lamar, MO 64759
- 116 North Jefferson Street, Neosho, MO 64850
- 712 South Hwy 59, Anderson, MO
- 302 South Joplin Ave, Joplin, MO 64801