The Red Tag Equipment Repair Program helps income-qualified Spire residential customers secure service work on natural gas appliances and piping that has been "red-tagged," in order to maintain or restore gas heating to their home.
The Red Tag program
- Payment assistance toward the total cost of qualifying repairs, up to $1,000 per customer per year, as long as funds are available.
- Qualified repairs include those conducted on the furnace or boiler to provide heating to the home. This may include work performed on gas piping or other gas appliances (such as water heaters or stoves), but only where the repair is necessary to allow safe delivery of gas service from the meter to the furnace or boiler.
Spire residential customers who meet all of the following qualifications:
- Own their residence and natural gas appliances.
- Need equipment repairs or piping in order to obtain or restore natural gas heating service.
- Have a household income equal to or less than 185% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
How To Apply:
If you have already received LIHEAP (Energy Assistance application) at your current address, you can:
- Dropbox: Want to drop off your application at any of our Community Development locations: Lamar, Anderson, Neosho and Joplin
- Mail: Your utility bill to Economic Security Corporation of SW Area (ESC), Attn: Energy Assistance/Red Tag, P.O. Box 207, Joplin, MO 64802
- Fax: Your utility bill with a cover page: To: ESC's Energy Assistance/Red Tag, fax number: (417) 781-2011
- Call: (417) 781-0352, press 4 or extension 515.
- Email: email@example.com and scan or take a picture of your application, email line: "Red Tag" and attach requested documentation.
If you have not applied for or been qualified for LIHEAP at your current address, click here to make an application.
- Email the staff that you are need of the "Red Tag" program.