The MyfreeTaxes free income tax preparation program has been available since 2009. It is an online collaboration with United Way Worldwide using H&R Block software. Taxpayers prepare their own returns from the comfort and convenience of their home or office
A free federal and up to 3 state returns can be self-prepared by tax payers with an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $66,000 or less in 2017. There is no age limit. (Not available for prior year returns nor for foreign students.)
To e-file your 2017 tax return or other electronic forms, you must verify your identity with your Self-Select PIN or Adjusted Gross Income from your 2016 tax return. For help, click the Electronic Filing Pin Assistance link below.
Three options are available for taxpayers with questions:
- Telephone support: 1-855-MY-TX-HELP (1-855-698-9435)
- Email support: Info@myfreetaxes.com
- Chat support: Online (while in the software)
Hours of support are:
- Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 9:00 pm (Central)
- Saturday 11:00 am -8 pm (Central)
- Support provided from mid-January through October 15, excluding federal holidays.
- Hours may change after April 18, 2018.