Monday, May 13, 2019
Economic Security Corporation has received a grant to install Self-Learning Thermostats (NEST) in 30 owner-occupied homes that will not be receiving any other home services within the next year. This program is funded through the Missouri Division of Energy using state funds. There is absolutely no cost to you or your family to take advantage of this service.
How Can You Get One?
- Own your home, and
- Have a heating system controlled by a thermostat, and
- Have a gross annual income within 300% of the federal poverty level. (For example: for a family of 2: $50,730, gross income and a family of 4: $77,250, gross income)
- In addition to your completed application, we will need:
- proof of home ownership,
- proof of income for the past three months,
- a copy of your Social Security Card, and
- copies of your most recent utility bills such as propane, natural gas, and electricity.
We are collecting energy savings data, so if selected for the Self-Learning Thermostat Pilot Program, this will be your part in this Pilot Project.
- complete a survey approximately one year after thermostat is installed.
Applications may be obtained by calling ESC's Weatherization Department: (417) 781-4437 Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., other times, you may leave a message.